cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 4.2(1) and 7906G Issue

rosalesr
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having problems loading a 7906G phone on to CUCM 4.2(1). I've downloaded and installed what I thought was the appropriate software based on the compatability matrix but I still don't have the option to add a 7906 within Call Manager. Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rosario,

You would need to upgrade to SR1 :)

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7906G

Supported in Cisco Unified CallManager Versions 3.3(5)SR2, 4.1(3)SR3a, 4.2(1)SR1, and higher using Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP); supports both SCCP and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) with Cisco Unified CallManager Version 5.0(2)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_data_sheet0900aecd8048f738.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, 4.2(1)sr1b did not solve the problem. I'm going to try to upgrade to 4.2(3) and hope that fixes it. In case I'm missing something... this is what I'm running:

CCM System: 4.2(1)sr1b

CCM Administration: 4.1(0.11)

Thanks again for any help provided.

Hi Rosario,

If you don't want to upgrade right now to 4.2(3) which may require a bit of research (although 4.2(3) was one of the best builds ever :)

You could go with the addition of this Device Pack instead to add support for the 7906 Phone;

Cisco Unified CallManager Device Package 4.2.1 (07.0)

Release Notes Version 10

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/Voice/html/ciscocm.4-2-1-DevPack-07.0_readme.html

Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco Unified CallManager Version 4.2 > Unified Communications Manager/CallManager Device Packages > 4.2(1)_SR7

ciscocm.4-2-1-DevPack-07.exe

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks! Adding that Device Pack solved my problem.

Appreciate the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: