Views
Helpful
Replies

Errdiable Trap on LMS3.2

Rams.Dandu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

We enabled Bpduguard on our access layer switches and enabled SNMP Traps for errdisable. Eventhough i can see them sending traps i can't see them on ciscoworks. So can someone help me on creating a Notification Trap on Cisco LMS3.2

I can see all other traps apart from Errdisable traps.

Thanks in advance

Rams

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS is not a general trap receiver. It will not process errdisable traps. If there are syslog messages associated with ports going to an errdisable state, you will be able to view those in RME. Just make sure the devices are sending syslog messages to the RME server, then you can view the messages by going to RME > Reports > Report Generator, and running a syslog standard report.

View solution in original post

Yes you can.

Using the "automated actions" in RME you can use these syslogs messages to trigger the sending of a mail or even running a script.

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS is not a general trap receiver. It will not process errdisable traps. If there are syslog messages associated with ports going to an errdisable state, you will be able to view those in RME. Just make sure the devices are sending syslog messages to the RME server, then you can view the messages by going to RME > Reports > Report Generator, and running a syslog standard report.

Hi Clarke;

Thanks alot for the help. Instead of running reports everyday and checking the syslog messages.Is there any other way to pro-actively report the err-disabled ports.

Thanks in advance.

Regards;

Rams

Yes you can.

Using the "automated actions" in RME you can use these syslogs messages to trigger the sending of a mail or even running a script.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: