Apple MAC Cannot Connect on Wireless Using PEAP Auth

Unanswered Question
Nov 12th, 2009

I have a WLAN setup using the Cisco WiSM, Cisco ACS 4.1.3 as the Radius Server. We are using PEAP as the WLAN Security. THe issue is that all the clients who have Windows OS are able to connect to the WLAN and PEAP works fine.However the users who have Apple MAC OS are unable to connect to the WLAN that has PEAP as the Security setting. The MAC has OS 10.5.6 and I tried upgrading the image however the prob persists. On the ACS server I get in the Failed Log as "Internal Error".

Can someone help what does the Error mean , and any resolution for the issue.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Robert.N.Barrett_2 Thu, 11/12/2009 - 08:07

Can you provide some detail about how you created the user profile on the Mac? Also - did you put the ACS server's certificate into the Mac's System store so that the Mac will trust the ACS server (or configure the PEAP profile on the Mac to ignore the ACS server's certificate)?

yusuf.ujjainwala Thu, 11/12/2009 - 22:45

I went to the Airport Network Preferences and created the profile. I have configured the PEAP profile to ignore the ACS's certificate.

Robert.N.Barrett_2 Fri, 11/13/2009 - 04:47

Don't know of any reason why it wouldn't work. I have clients with hundreds of Macs using PEAP (with user credentials, not machine credentials).

weterry Sun, 11/15/2009 - 20:26

Perhaps your ACS is configured to only allow PEAP-MSChapv2? Don't Apples use PEAP-GTC?

Doesn't explain the error though...

Robert.N.Barrett_2 Mon, 11/16/2009 - 12:32

Something in the back of my mind is reminding of an "Internal Error" message in the ACS logs when the Active Directory user account is disabled.

George Stefanick Fri, 11/20/2009 - 20:53

I might suggest doing a aaa debug. See who and where it might be failing. This would be a start..

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network