CCNP expired

Unanswered Question
Nov 12th, 2009

My CCNP certification is expired in 2005. I'd like to be recertified; should I take all the tests or only a few of them ? Thanks for your answer.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Collin Clark Thu, 11/12/2009 - 08:31

You're starting from square one, so you'll have to take all the exams to get certified.

Sushil Kumar Katre Thu, 11/12/2009 - 21:10

Also bare in mind that since your CCNP is expired your CCNA may also have expired untill you have taken any other exam which has recertified CCNA.

If CCNA is also expired, you'll have to take CCNA and all CCNP exams.

-> Sushil

h.dam Fri, 11/13/2009 - 07:24

Thank you for your quick answer.

Yes, unluckily my CCNA is also expired. You meant that I've to do from the beginning.

But someone told me that I may take only one of 642 tests to be recertified. Is this wrong?

Collin Clark Fri, 11/13/2009 - 08:21

To recertify you only have to take one 642 level exam. Re-certification is when you have a valid certification and you want to keep it active before it expires. Your certification has expired, so there is no re-certification for you. You have to start fresh.

Sushil Kumar Katre Sun, 11/15/2009 - 19:30

As Collin stated(+5), you should have a valid certification to get it re-certified.

Once Dead nothing can be done to make the certification Alive, untill you reappear for the certification.

-> Sushil

drob Thu, 11/19/2009 - 16:48

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

The Cisco recertification process is outdated and seems to be more for financial reasons than anything else.  They need to switch to CPE credits model as is used by ISC2 and ISACA.

VLA_WeyBridge_2 Fri, 11/20/2009 - 04:37

Why is it outdated?

it requiress you to take one or two exams every three years to keep your certificates. hardly a massive financial gain for cisco.

this also insures that you knowlage is  kept up to date with current technologies..

This Discussion