Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0.1

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hey clarke,

i have running LMS 3.0.1 with Dec 2007 update,it running fine with discovewred devices (6500 series)In discovery summary i see reacheable devices 17 and unreacheable devices XX,The unreacheable devices are not the seperate devices but they are the interfaces of the reacheable device.

Is it the normal thing or it should'nt ???.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you really don't want these unreachable entries to show up, simply create a Discovery exclude list, and add all of the ones showing up in the report.  The next discovery cycle will then skip them.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is CSCsm66330. The recommended fix is to upgrade to LMS 3.1 or higher.

Hey clarke,

I have a SAS support can i download the full CD of LMS 3.1 from cisco.com OR i have to order full CD (physical)through courier.

Thanks,

You can download LMS 3.2 from Cisco.com. LMS 3.2 is the latest version. Go to http://www.cisco.com/go/lms/ . Download the 3.2 eval. After installing the 3.2 eval on a licensed copy of 3.0.1, you will get a licensed copy of 3.2.

Hey clarke,

I will get a licensed copy of 3.2 ????? from where,it will automatically convert 3.0 license to 3.1 license after installing evaluation???

The license file for all LMS 3.x versions is the same. Some if you install 3.2 with a 3.0 license, you will have a licensed copy of 3.2.

Hi Clarke,

when am trying to click on download evaluation it redirecting me to marketplace page,where i can't see any download option for the LMS 3.2.

How can i get the LMS 3.2 Evaluation ?? can u send me the link or procedure to find out.

Here are the attachment print screen where i go and i dont find any information about download.

Hi

Can anybody help me for the above query.

Thanks.

Click the Place Secure Order button. You will eventually get a download going for LMS 3.2.

Thanks clarke,

Its very strange for me to click on the place order tab because i thought it will proceed with pay order and shipment i have started downloading,i will reply back if i face problem in installing or i will close call after successful installation.

Thanks

Is this for the complete, fully operating version or just the 90 day 100 device trial?

I'm asking because I too run 3.0.1 but thought I had to purchase an upgrade.

Hi clarke,

I have upgraded to LMS.3.2 Still the situation is the same,In discovery summary unreacheable devices are the interfaces of the discovered devices,

Thanks

Hey Richard,

It is not 90 day trial,when u install the evaluation of 3.2 it accepts as a license version,u can go ahead by the procedure what clarke has guide me above.

Attaching the print screen for software installed with license above 3.0.1.

Thanks,

Discovery now uses the ipAddrTable to resolve duplicates. If you are specifying seed device addresses which are unreachable (or if Discovery finds addresses which are not SNMP reachable), then Discovery will not be able to determine that those addresses are, in fact, part of other reachable devices. But this is not a big problem since unreachable devices are not added to DCR.

Hi clarke,

what is the alternate that i can do to resolve the issue. Any formal or informal troubleshooting.

If you really don't want these unreachable entries to show up, simply create a Discovery exclude list, and add all of the ones showing up in the report.  The next discovery cycle will then skip them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco