cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4.1(3) to 7.1(3) migration - Speed Dials Broken

rcoote5902_2
Level 2
Level 2

In our previous CM 4.1(3) configuration we had a series of #xxx speed dials used to quick dial our schools from the central office. I'm not too familiar with how it was initially set up or why it was set up this way but it was done using a CTI Route Point. The Route Point was set up with a DN for each speed dial, and those speed dials were configured to forward calls to the appropriate number. Some were on net, some off.

Since the migration, using the Data Migration Assistant, all of the settings appear to have come over correctly, however the speed dials do not work. "Your call cannot be completed as dialed." is the message.

The configuration seems identical to what was on the old server, I've compared them side by side since I have the old machine still running.

Any ideas why this might be broken or how I might repair these?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

This is probably your issue, sorry its so late - i never come here often and have been browsing the boards. One difference between version 4 and versions 5 and up is on the line appearance itself you need to specify a calling search space for the forward. In ccm 4 it just used what was configured on the device, so in version 7 i usually select the "With Activating device/line css" option and then specify the CSS to use on the forward all.