Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4402 Client Disconnections

rguzman.plannet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having disconnections in a WLC4402. The clients are having intermitent connection to APs. I had updated OS from 4.2.176.0 to 4.2.207.0 because of TAC suggestion. The engineer has verified some show comands as well as a debug client. But it seems they do not reflect a big issue. I just captured some packets with wireshark but he's about to analyze it.

This wireless is deployed in the downtown of my city which is a big one. So I've seen some rogue AP and clients around wich might be interefering our network. I performed a site survey and there are not coverage nor power level issues only the rogue signals that I mentioned but they all seem weak.

Does someone could suggest any troubleshooting regarding interference or have any other comments about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Roberto

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First off, have you actually seen the issue yourself? Word of mouth isn't a reliable source. Go there and see what is actually happening, either on your device or someone device who has been complainging. Is this an internal wireless network or guest?

Things I would do is narrow the issue down:

1) Is it all clients or specific ones having issues.

2) What client devices are they and what driver version do they have.

3) Is the disconnections happening in one area or all over.

4) Is this only happening when a user roams (check the mobility setup between the WLC's)

5) Is there interference other than rogue AP's like microwaves, etc.

Issues like these is tough to pinpoint unless you start looking at various things and narrowing the issue down.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello,

Yes I have performed most of the points in your checklist. This is my customer network and I've seen some of the issues.

It seems to be interference issue, I'll check that out and I will post again later.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card