Using WCCP in ASA 8.x

Unanswered Question
Nov 12th, 2009

Dear All,

I want to ask about the WCCP feature in ASA 8.x

I am using squid proxy as a transparent mode. What should I do to redirect the user web traffic to this proxy passthrough the ASA?

The ASA is configured with the sub interface. And the users is in different subnet with the proxy.

Can we do the redirect progress in this case ?

“WCCP redirect is supported only on the ingress of an interface. The only topology that the security appliance supports is when client and cache engine are behind the same interface of the security appliance and the cache engine can directly communicate with the client without going through the security appliance.” (

Thx for the response.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Panos Kampanakis Fri, 11/13/2009 - 08:29

If the proxy is behind a different subinterface compared to your users that need to be redirected it won't work.

The squid needs to be behind the same interface/subinterface as the users to be redirected.

I hope it helps.

melatisariindah Fri, 11/13/2009 - 20:04

The squid should in the same interface/subinterface or in the same network ID?

For example, at INSIDE interface in ASA, I have L3 switch which have server vlan and client vlan. It is possible to use wccp in this case? Because the traffic will out from the same interface (INSIDE) but with different network ID (squid in vlan server and client in vlan client).

This Discussion