Views
Helpful
Replies

Web server redirect in EIM/WIM

lohjintiam
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I'm planning to do a IIS redirect from the corporate web server (accessible through public url) into the internal web server hosting EIM/WIM. My EIM/WIM is on a single server configuration. Which server would be taking the load for this; corporate or internal web server?

Has anyone done this before? Is there any restriction / consideration to take into account (i.e. access, port #, etc).

Thanks!

-JT-

4 Replies 4

fabien.damien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi JT,

i'm trying to deploy the same...where did you install the webserver? on the corporate server or on the application server?

thanks in advance,

Hi all,

What i notice was for chat to work, both entry point as well as agent login needs to be FQDN so i dont believe the redirection of url would work. Not too sure why ip address would not work.

A few questions i have regarding the design of web server in a distributed environment 3 servers (web server, app/serv/file/etc, db)

a) must they all it be in the same domain?

b) can both web server & app/serv/file server be in the same domain while the db server be in a different domain? as far as i can see, only app/serv are accessing the db using jdbc connection

c) what is the process (post-production) to change the ip address / hostname of those servers? would that require a reinstallation?

Thanks!

-JT-

a) must they all it be in the same domain?

Don't think so.

b) can both web server & app/serv/file server be in the same domain while the db server be in a different domain? as far as i can see, only app/serv are accessing the db using jdbc connection

Yes, specially if you're using SQL authentication.

c) what is the process (post-production) to change the ip address / hostname of those servers? would that require a reinstallation?

I wouldn't think so, but I've never tried it, but if it were me I would reinstall, specially since the installation process is pretty clean (assuming 4.3).

david

hi david,

a) i thought there was some requirement to have same access/id across the distributed system which is going to be use to start the services? if the web server has a public ip/fqdn (meant for WIM) wouldnt that mean we are (unintentionally) opening access up for the agent/whoever to login into the system from the internet?

b) thanks

c) i dont plan to reinstall my 4.2.x

-JT-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: