cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nme-wae not registering with CM

mario-leitao
Level 4
Level 4

I am using version 4.1.3.55 and when I try to enable cms on the nme-wae-502 it shows the message bellow, what is strange is that when I put version 4.0.17 with the same config then it registered with CM with success. But I need the 4.1.3 working on it, I have other wae's with same version working fine just one with this issue.

(config)#cms enable

Registering WAAS Application Engine...

Sending device registration request to Central Manager with address X.X.X.X

Failed to contact CDM X.X.X.X(TIMEOUT). Please check connectivity with CDM device and status of management service on CDM.

register: Registration failed(512).

cms: unable to register node

FAILED to enable management services

9 Replies 9

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mario,

What version of WAAS is your CM running? In 4.1 code, the CM has to be the newest code. Is the CM running 4.1.3.55 as well?

Dan

The CM is running 4.1.3.55 as well.

Mario,

If the box has already been registered on the CM, mark it's registry inactive and delete the devices CM registration from the GUI (use the little trash can on the devices home page).

On the device, do a "cms database delete" in the CLI in case it has the old database still there.

Wait 5-10 minutes and then attempt to re-register with the CM. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Dan

Did those steps, but now it does not even appear on the CM.

Can the device ping the CM address you put in the config?

Can you post the log after you attempt "cms enable"?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dstol,

i also have problem like that, my device success pinged the CM but failed to register. I try to execute command cms database delete, and also re enable cms, but shown error like :

Registering WAAS Application Engine...

Sending  device registration request to Central Manager with address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Failed to contact CDM xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Unmarshaled: 9001). Please check connectivity with CDM device and status of management service on CDM.

register: Registration failed(512).

cms: unable to register node

FAILED to enable management services

Can You Help me ?

Fandi,

Is there any Firewall in between or anything other device which might be blocking the traffic?

You may read this as well for your reference:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2139531

Hope this helps!

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your respond, There is no firewall or another device might be blocking the traffic.Nowadays, problem was solve after  reload and reconfigure the device.

Fandi

Fandi,

It sounds good!

Jorge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: