cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blade Switch 3020 Fastethernet0 Interface

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

When i connected one of external interface of blade switch 3020 to OA1 & OA2 , i saw that fastethernet0 interface come up and CDP neighbor was showing additional entries.

I do not understand , is Fastethernet0 is releated to OA1 & OA2 ? If it is How ? If i used external interface of blade switch to connect to OA1 & OA2 , will it create loop ?

Any link releated to this documentation ?

See below the output

cisco1-c3k1-blr2#sh cdp ne

Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge

S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater, P - Phone

Device ID Local Intrfce Holdtme Capability Platform Port ID

cisco1-c3k1-blr2

Gig 0/20 138 S I WS-CBS302 Fas 0

cisco1-c3k1-blr2

Fas 0 155 S I WS-CBS302 Gig 0/20

cisco2-c3k1-blr2

Gig 0/20 135 S I WS-CBS302 Fas 0

cisco2-c3k1-blr2

Gig 0/24 122 S I WS-CBS302 Gig 0/24

cisco2-c3k1-blr2

Gig 0/23 122 S I WS-CBS302 Gig 0/23

cisco2-c3k1-blr2#sh cdp neighbors

Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge

S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater, P - Phone

Device ID Local Intrfce Holdtme Capability Platform Port ID

cisco1-c3k1-blr2

Fas 0 123

S I WS-CBS302 Gig 0/20

cisco1-c3k1-blr2

Gig 0/24 150 S I WS-CBS302 Gig 0/24

cisco1-c3k1-blr2

Gig 0/23 149 S I WS-CBS302 Gig 0/23

2 Replies 2

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

OK guys , i found some info on this in the

"Integrating the Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 for the HP c-Class BladeSystem into the Cisco Data Center Network Architecture" Design Guide on Cisco site. But additional info i always welcome

Out-of-Band Management

OOB management is the practice of dedicating an interface on the managed device for carrying management traffic. It is also the recommended management method for blade systems. OOB management isolates the management and data traffic and provides a more secure environment.

The Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 contains an additional Fast Ethernet port, which connects to the HP c-Class BladeSystem Onboard Administrator, providing OOB management using the insight manager interface. The user may also use this path to access the CLI functions of the switch, transfer SNMP information, and upload software images and configuration files. This path is independent of the switch fabric. This Fast Ethernet port defaults to a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) client from a DHCP server either as part of the Onboard Administrator or external on the network attached to the enclosure. The user can also set a static IP address for the Fast Ethernet port.

By default, the Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 provides no routing functions and can have only one default gateway defined. Even though the Fa0 interface is called “routed”, it cannot route user traffic. Therefore, if you enable multiple SVIs or enable the Fast Ethernet port, you will not be able to access all these interfaces from other subnets. The recent migration (12.2(22)SE) of the Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 from the LANBase image to IP Base provides basic Layer 3 routing (RIP and Static Routing and EIRGP Stub).

Hello all,

connecting the OA to an external port of the cisco switch 3020 will create a loop, because the OA is already connected to the switch via signal backplane.so you can connect to the OA via the IP address ( plug a laptop to an external port of the cisco switch and type the IP address in an internet browser ).

hape that it will be  helpfull  and hope that it's  clear

Taieb

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: