Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.4 Eternal Hunt Pilot

mcecilia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am trying to make a Hunt Pilot that rings con PhoneA, then on PhoneB and then on PhoneC, and the on PhoneA, etc etc always starting with PhoneA. Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Manuel,

No worries :) You can set up a second Line Group that contains the same DN's/Members and link this second Group in the Hunt List.

Switch the rule on the first Line Group to, Try next Member;then try next Group in Hunt List

This will then cycle through the members a second time (I just tested this out in our lab) :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

I'm not 100% on this but perhaps you can use the same ext's in a second hunt group, in which you point to after the first hunt group has exhausted its search. Hopefully if it works then that would allow enough rings for you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Manuel,

Try to change the Line Group Distribtion Algorithm to Top Down;

Distribution Algorithm

Choose a distribution algorithm, which applies at the line-group level, from the options in the drop-down list box:

•***Top Down-If you choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco Unified CallManager distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the first idle or available member of a line group to the last idle or available member.

•Circular-If you choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco Unified CallManager distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the (n+1)th member of a line group, where the nth member is the member to which Cisco Unified CallManager most recently extended a call. If the nth member is the last member of a line group, Cisco Unified CallManager distributes a call starting from the top of the line group.

•Longest Idle Time-If you choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco Unified CallManager only distributes a call to idle members, starting from the longest idle member to the least idle member of a line group.

•Broadcast-If you choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco Unified CallManager distributes a call to all idle or available members of a line group simultaneously. See the Note in the description of the Selected DN/Route Partition field for additional limitations in using the Broadcast distribution algorithm.

The default value specifies Longest Idle Time.

Line Groups

Line groups contain one or more directory numbers. A distribution algorithm, such as Top Down, Circular, Longest Idle Time, or Broadcast, associates with a line group. Line groups also have an associated Ring No Answer reversion timeout value.

The following descriptions apply to the members of a line group:

•An idle member designates one that is not serving any call.

•An available member designates one that is serving an active call but can accept a new call(s).

•A busy member cannot accept any calls.

For information on configuring line groups,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_4/ccmcfg/b03lngrp.html#wpxref97498

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello,

Thanks for the answer, but this does not work. When the list ends Call Manager drops the call. The only posiblity seems to be circular, but not always start with the same Extension and the same order.

Any idea more?

Hi Manuel,

No worries :) You can set up a second Line Group that contains the same DN's/Members and link this second Group in the Hunt List.

Switch the rule on the first Line Group to, Try next Member;then try next Group in Hunt List

This will then cycle through the members a second time (I just tested this out in our lab) :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks,

This is what I did in the beggining and can be done 3 or more times if needed, but it is a workarond way. Seems that the solution does not exists.

Thanks

I'm not 100% on this but perhaps you can use the same ext's in a second hunt group, in which you point to after the first hunt group has exhausted its search. Hopefully if it works then that would allow enough rings for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: