Upgrade autonomous to LWAPP -> client disconnects

severi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have a problem with unified solution.

This is scenario:

Client scanners mod. DENSO))((AP1230 automous))((telnet to AS400

Mod. Denso BHT210BW, after 5 min of inactivity the client activates the standby mode, disable the radio.

The warehouseman press the button on the terminal activates the radio and read the activity sull'As400.

I upgrate the system to LWAPP mode.

This is the new scenario:

Client scanners mod. DENSO))((LAP1230-WLC2125-6.0.182.0))((telnet to AS400

Symptoms:

The warehouseman press the button on the terminal activates the radio and read the activity sull'As400 but appears the message "not connecting with AS400", after 2, 5 minutes, the tool will unlock and everything is working properly.

See attachments for more detail.

I disable Timeout under WLAN but without success.

Any Ideas?

Regards.

Mirko Severi.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mirko,

I've always had issues with regards to scanners and them going into sleep mode or powering down the radio. The workaround was to set the devices to maximum performance or always on. Have you tried to set this in at least one scanner to see if that would solve your problem?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi, Fella.

I think that when the barcode wakes from standby mode only sends a frame association and is not run as a broadcast ARP etc.

*Nov 13 10:47:01.233: 00:a0:f8:e9:cc:af 0.0.0.0 Added NPU entry of type 9, dtlFlags 0x0

"IP learning state. One packet from this client is sent to CPU in order to learn the IP address used"

The client should send another package to end the PEM process on WLC, i think...

and this happens only when the warehouseman press Enter on the terminal.

*Nov 13 10:47:01.233: 00:a0:f8:e9:cc:af Sent an XID frame

*Nov 13 10:47:56.935: 00:a0:f8:e9:cc:af 172.25.242.87 DHCP_REQD (7) Change state to RUN (20) last state RUN (20)

E 'possible to disable the process on PEM WLC?? ;)

Regards.

Mirko S.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card