Looking to Start my CCENT

Unanswered Question
Nov 13th, 2009

Can anyone recommend what training materials (books, online courses) that I should start with and what is the best simulator available to use?

Also, has anyone had only success those guarantee pass online courses?

Thanks in advance

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
VLA_WeyBridge_2 Fri, 11/20/2009 - 04:30

ok heres what I use and what i continue to use for my studying

CBT nuggets (try google .). there is a cost but the cisco courses on this site are great. the trainer is great to listen to any you will get a real understanding of all the topics on the CCENT. IF you understand the videos you will pass no worries.

as for simulators

if you can get hold of a copy of Packet Tracer from cisco then use it!!! for entry to CISCO systems and networking there is nothing better out there. is no where near the most powerfull simulator around but it covers all of the ccent, ccna, ccna security and more. It also has a great simulator mode where you can follow the packet traveling across the network and see whats happening at each device it crosses. (so go for seeing where some thing is going wrong, nothing better than a packet with a big red cross as it reaches a device and then a explination as to why it got droped.)

If you cant get packet trace then GNS 3 is the best simulator out there in my opinion. however it only really simulates routers and you need a leagle copy of the IOS. however this is an emulator so if its in the IOS then you can practice it..

Don't bother with the garenteed pass courses. read the course out line on the cisco pages. and the exam topics. and make sure you understand them.

The exam wants you to be able to use the topic in a working situation, not just repeat information. many questions are problem solving so if you dont understand the topics you will struggle.

Good luck, and get addicted...

gobigblue Mon, 11/23/2009 - 10:44

Thanks Aaron,

I'll check it out. Good call on the Packet trace program, I never new about that, I got my hands on it it and its great.

Actions

This Discussion