Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM-2 questions

branfarm1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

I have a few questions about the NAM-2 module for the 6500's. I just received a used NAM-2 from a department that was retiring some equipment and I'm having trouble getting it to work in my lab. I have a SUP720-3B running IOS 12.2(33)SXI2. When I insert the NAM-2, nothing happens, and the module reports that it has failed the SCP download. I was able to get it to boot off the maintenance partition and I pulled this information:

6506E-1#sh mod 5

Mod Ports Card Type Model Serial No.

--- ----- -------------------------------------- ------------------ -----------

5 8 Network Analysis Module (MP) WS-SVC-NAM-2 SAD074005P8

Mod MAC addresses Hw Fw Sw Status

--- ---------------------------------- ------ ------------ ------------ -------

5 0003.feac.fc2c to 0003.feac.fc33 2.0 7.2(1) 1.1(1)m Ok

Mod Online Diag Status

---- -------------------

5 Pass

Will I be able to use this device with my lab 6506E? There is no hard drive attached to the module -- have these always come with harddrives for the software image?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

3 Replies 3

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

once you get to the maintenance partition, you can download from ftp the application image for nam.

Refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/network_analysis_module_software/3.6/catalyst_6000/quick/guide/cat6kqsg.html#wp46318

Thanks for the response. Since this seems to have such an old maintenance partition, will I still be able to upgrade the application considering the IOS version I'm running?

Also, and this might be more important than anything, do all WS-SVC-NAM-2 modules have harddrives mounted on the module itself?

Thanks

All the nams have HDD mounted and you cant replace them.

You should be able to upgrade the maintenance partition.

Download the newer version of maintenance from:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ws-svc-nam