Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IEA characters transposed £ to A3

Mail sent from Outlook through exchange ESA and to IEA (PXE).

does anyone know why a PXE message would transpose a £ sign to A3?

This is giving embarassing resaults at recipient end.

e.g.

The split of the transfer value is as follows:

can confirm that we have today received the transferred pension benefits =
totalling =A341,034.13, from Norwich Union.

The split of the transfer value is as follows:

Non Protected Rights =A320,379.04
Protected Rights =A320,655.09

3 Replies 3

Please note I have done a test from the system from Outlook with Word as an editor HTML RTF and TEST, and there is no issue sending to a standard Windows Machine therefore it must be the environment at the Third Party end that is causing the issue.

If anyone has seen this king of issue (£ to A3) then let me know

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

"A3" is the standard hex number of the pound symbol. (as you most likely know).

If your encryption appliance is "translating" this it might indicate it's not supporting the UTF-8 character set.

I have not experience with the encryption appliance yet (Today I spoke with our sales representatives and they promised to get a demo device on site soon), so my advice can be totally worthless.

You might want to try to change the default encoding of your Exchange system. maybe that helps.

Steven

PS: since we start demo-ing the appliances, i will take this as a point of attention. if needed I will come back on this.

lrosenstein
Level 1
Level 1

The equal sign before A3 indicates that the message body was using quoted-printable transfer encoding. It sounds like the Content-Transfer-Encoding heading, which is where this is specified, got lost somewhere.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: