cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set up ATT OPTEMAN EVC in home lab

genewolfe
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up an AT&T OPTEMAN EVC in my home lab.

Routers r1, r2, and r3 are connected to r0 by way of the OPTEMAN circuit but they're also connected r1<->r2 and r2<->r3 by the same OPTEMAN circuit.

I'm imagining I can set up a layer 2 switch in place of the OPTEMAN circuit but I can't figure out how the switch would be set up. I thought if I made all the ports involved trunk ports this would work but it didn't. Then I started thinking perhaps I need to assign VLANs to some of the ports involved on the switch but I can only assign one VLAN per port and each router has at least 2 VLANs involved so that's not the solution.

Is it possible to set this up in a home lab? Thanks in advance.

r0

f0/0

description OPTEMAN

f0/0.10

f0/0.20

f0/0.30

r1

f0/0

description OPTEMAN

f0/0.10

f0/0.100

r2

f0/0

description OPTEMAN

f0/0.20

f0/0.100

f0/0.300

r3

f0/0

description OPTEMAN

f0/0.30

f0/0.300

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Gene,

you can emulate a point-to-point L2 transport service per vlan based using L2TPv3

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t2/feature/guide/gtl2tpv3.html#wp1043064

the ip addresses used in the L2TPv3 tunnels can be loopback interfaces that are announced in a routing protocol

if the ATT service is point to multipoint like VPLS you can emulate it only using a LAN switch

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card