Sample SPA9000 Configurations/With Descriptions

Answered Question
Nov 14th, 2009

Hello Fellow SPA9000 Users,

When you are new to IP telephony like me, finding relevant information is frustrating. It would be very helpful if Cisco created a data base for us to access that would show the sample configurations of a number of different scenarios or companies. We are all seeking the same information over and over again and each of us is looking for just one specific setting. It wouldn't be practical to attempt to list every possible setting and it must also be frustrating for the professionals to keep answering simple questions over and over again. Why not create ten typical companies, ranging from small mom and pop entities to larger companies requiring more complex scenarios. Describe each company's phone requirements, and then show the complete configurations for each company. Or do twenty companies. A guy like me could look at the different possibilities and see the actual settings that enable what I'm seeking.

You can email me directly if you like: Hans@HaugMachining.com

Hans95014

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by amontill about 4 years 5 months ago

Dear Hans;

Have you check the SPA9000 Installation and Configuration Guide? Based on the fact that SPA9000 provides basic feature set this is the guide which explains configuration options using the SPA9000 Setup Wizard.

If you would like something different, please see the attached document. It is a manual configuration example which defines through an example, main options available in the product. This is just for advanced reference, as we strongly suggest you use the wizard, as it allows to configure all features in std mode.

regards
Alberto

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
amontill Tue, 11/17/2009 - 03:17

Dear Hans;

Have you check the SPA9000 Installation and Configuration Guide? Based on the fact that SPA9000 provides basic feature set this is the guide which explains configuration options using the SPA9000 Setup Wizard.

If you would like something different, please see the attached document. It is a manual configuration example which defines through an example, main options available in the product. This is just for advanced reference, as we strongly suggest you use the wizard, as it allows to configure all features in std mode.

regards
Alberto

Hans95014 Tue, 11/17/2009 - 07:59

Good Morning Alberto,

Thank you for responding to my "Sample Configuration Question." I had not seen that sample configuration you listed and it was very interesting. We have a small dental office in Cupertino and I decided to set up an IP PBX on my own. The LVS SPA9000 is turning out to be the correct choice for us, but it seems that end users are denied access to more technical help that's available to Cisco Partners. Unfortunately without that additional help, small changes to our system are sometimes difficult to administer. I've purchased a duplicate SPA9000 system that I can use for backup and practice.

That sample configuration you sent is very helpful. It enables me to go right to an issue I may be having to see possible configurations. Unfortunately it is dated (Version 1.0) and differs from the current 6.1.5. I've used the wizard and it's pretty cool, but more samples like the one you sent would be useful for anyone setting up a phone system for themselves.

Hans H. Haug

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted November 14, 2009 at 7:51 AM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:5
Views:2023 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content