Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

light me the best voice WAN solutions via SHDSL

could please someone compare the 3 SHDSL card:

Cisco 1-Port G.SHDSL WAN Interface Card (part number WIC-1SHDSL-V3)

Cisco 2-Pair G.SHDSL HWIC (HWIC-2SHDSL)

Cisco 4-Pair G.SHDSL HWIC (HWIC-4SHDSL)

I need to provide WAN voice a solution for two branch office, between Dubai and Oman, from the above one which SHDSL card can I quote; bit confused with SHDSL connection.

Could please light me the best voice WAN solutions between branch office via WAN; 100 users in Dubai and 24 user in Oman.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to ask telco, if they provide SHDL first.

Telco is provide SHDL point-to-point connection with bit costly for voip, what is the best design with SHDL or for voip via WAN which would be the best solution, please light me on that.

Also please compare the three SHDSL cards, what is the difference between 2 wire and 4 wire. Could Please help us, not reply in one word.

It's all explained in the datasheet.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5949/ps7175/product_data_sheet0900aecd80581fa0.html

There is no "best solution" all depends by available telco services, and how much you can spend.

Thanks for the reply p.bevilacqua, could you please light me more about 2pair and 4 pair SHDSL card, I am not able to understand the difference between the them.

Two wires make a pair.

More the pairs, more speed or distance.

Probably your telco supports one ir two pairs only.

Thanks again for your reply, if my design supports 4 pair, but the teleco support 2 pair, the SHDSL connection will work or not, so the SHDSL card design should be according to teleco supports, could you please suggest me.

Yes, the card must be chosen according to telco offering, as mentioned already.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: