Replies

can CME talk to gatekeeper with G729r8 or it is only g711

Hi,

I have this network diagram

CUCM7---GK---CME7

CUCM & CME are in the same zone to the GK

I need to limit the max bandwidth inside the zone to 64k

Bu tI found a strange behavior:

when calling from CMM to CME,the phones show that it is a g729 call and the o/p of 'sh gatekeeper call' shows that it consume 16K which is expected

But when calling from CME to CCM

the phones show that it is g729 call but the o/p of 'sh gatekeeper call' shows that the call consume 128K,so the gatekeeper need 128 K for this call although I have configured it to use g729

I have configured the outgoing dial-peer to the GK on the CME with G729 and the call allready match with it,also the DP of the ICT gk controlled is using only g729

Also transcoder is configured on the CME in case the CME will need it

So why the CME insist in using 128 K for this call

Any feed back will be appreciated

thanks

10 Replies 10

Hi,

Is there any help in this issue

Thanks

Any updates in this issue

I need to make a 16k call from the cme to the gatekeeper [G729]

But although the 2-ip phones show the call as G729, I found it on the gatekeeper 128k [G711]

Details are shown above

Thanks

Hytham

If you press "?" twice on the phone, and it says G.729, it is definitely G.729.

Hi Paulo,

thanks alot for your feed back

Yes I found it G729 in both phones when pressing ? twice

But " show gatekeeper calls" on the gatekeeper show that the call bandwidth 128K which mean that it is a G711 call

Do I need any transcoder resources to let the CME forward a G729 call to the GK ? which Iam trying to do

Thanks

Hytham

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can be a cosmetic bug on GK.

In most cases, you don't even need a GK at all.

subash cobi
Level 1
Level 1

Have anyone else faced this.

I'm facing it noww too. Exact same senario.

I even configured a voice calls code and only set g729r8 on it.

Then apply it to the dial-peer calling the GKL from CME.

But the on GK, i do a show gatekeep calls, i still see the call using 128k.

Anyone can help me.

This question was originally posted 3.5 yrs., ago and has gone unresolved. I am having the same issue trying to limit bandwidth to 80K for five G729 calls, but all calls hitting the HQ_GK from BR2_CME are coming in @ 128K. I have tried straight codec G729 on DP, as well as, a voice class codec G729, but neither works. I am going through Int Expert CCIE preparing the my other CCNP Voice certs, so that I can see how it all works:

LOC_\REG_HQ & LOC_\REG_BR2 are properly set . I have been reseaching this issue off & on for 3-4 months and I cannot seem to figure it out, nor have I come across a post to resolve it.

Two questions ,though:

1) Is this configuration allow to run w/o any Xcoding? I think I tried it w/Xcode a montoh or so back, not sure, but will try again.

2) Is this a mistake in the lab? I think I read somewhere that there is a default bandwidth condition on the GK that has to be removed to allow this process to  succeed,m but I cannot remember. I have to find that blog.

I am running 2651/2621XM routers with NM-HD-2VE modules and the relevant running config will follow.

Can someone please reply and point me in the right direction. I will greatly appreciate it. I am only 2 yrs. deep in Cisco Voice after working 16 yrs semic-conductor EES Tech, but after getting AAS in Conv Tech, I am loving it, so please. someone. reach & give a hand.

Thx,

Frederick

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I will start by looking at the capabilities exchanged during call setup. That will give you an idea of what codecs are negotiated between cucm and the ccme..

Debug h225 asn1
Debug h245 asn1
Debug VoIP ccapi input.

Send the output and include calling and called number

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all useful posts

I found this comment on the forum 'Cisco Voice Guru'; link below, and it worked. Do not know if it will have any other repercussions later, but for now I can move forward. Please feel to add feedback; I am accepting all assistance for now http://ciscovoiceguru.com/382/cscsl74701-bug-details/comment-page-1/#comment-4430 CSCsl74701 Bug Details Posted: May 21st, 2010 | Author: Matthew Berry | Filed under: Blog, CCIE Voice | 2 Comments » I got burned by this bug last night.  Read up on it and be aware of what you might run into with CUCM 7.0(1) on the lab! CSCsl74701 Bug Details ARQ requests 1280 when no regions are defined to use g711 Symptom: ARQ sent to gatekeeper requests bandwidth for a g711 call (1280) even though only g729 is configured in all of the regions. Conditions: In a call routed to a GK controlled ICT and all regions are configured for g729, the originating CCM requests 160 in the ARQ to the gatekeeper. When the h225 setup arrives at the terminating CCM, an ARQ is sent to the gatekeeper requesting 1280. This is because the IntraAudioRegionDefault and InterAudioRegionDefault service paramater settings are included in the calculation for the maximum bandwidth request. Callmanager default setting for IntraAudioRegionDefault is g711. It should check region pair before applying default if there is nothing matched. Workaround: Set both service parameters to g729, or increase zone bandwidth setting on the gatekeeper

Okay, configuration worked after I set Intra/Inter-regions default settings both to G729 and then hard-coded the codecs in the regions to proper settings; WARNING: DO NOT SET 'USE SYSTEM DEFAULT' for the regions settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: