cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About Gateway protocols: SIP/H.323/MGCP

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

Which one is widely deployed in real world including enterprise or service provider environments?

Is SIP is fully supported on Cisco devices or its still under development ?

Thanks,

Dev

6 Replies 6

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

Depends on application, the protocol is deployed.

Like in cable service providers, the modems and gateways controlled by mgcp but in other side when PBX got involved H323 is deployed

Now a days, lot of service provider are facing out the PRI's and jumping to SIP trunk

Lot of cost saving,

In cisco enterprise side if you want to get full benefits of SIP, you can check the CUBE product.

Let me know if you need more info in this product

VIRENDER,

Thanks for your info. How bout full SIP support from Cisco equipment perspective? Can you refer me to the link or document where I can see the prectical implementation of MGCP and SIP in SP as well as Enterprise deployment? Can you share more on Cable service provider deployment?

So mostly when it comes to internal deployment then we will see more SCCP & SIP endpoint (Phone or any conference devices) but when we are talking about outside communication then H.323 and SIP will play big role, specially when you care communicating with third party voice network...

regards,

Dev

Devang,

Give me one day time,

will provide some good stuff on cable service provider stuff as well.

No prob... I will wait... you can unicast me on devangnp@gmail.com if you want... thanks for your help in advance...

regards,

Dev

mohammedabdul
Level 1
Level 1

To viverma,

If you are not posting all details here then plz mail me also on this E-mail id: mohammedabdulmalik1430@gmail.com.

Thanks and regards.

I will be doing this on netpro just collecting few information, this is good topic of my interest :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: