Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to receive Alerts from DFM

mkareemashraf
Level 1
Level 1

Hey clarke,

I have running LMS 3.1.1 ,it running fine.

DFM is having problem. If the device port or the device itself is down DFM is not displaying any high serverity alerts and we are not receiving any alerts mail from DFM.

Right known , i am receiving alerts messges from HUM not DFM.

please help me for this issue.

Should i restart the services.

your help is highly appreciated.

regards,

kareem

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then DFM will be polling these devices.  How are you testing the fault conditions?  That is, for one device which should be showing an alert in DFM, what is wrong with it EXACTLY?  If you have brought an interface down on the device, make sure that interface is down long enough for DFM to see it down.  For example, the default polling interval in DFM is four minutes.  If you bring down a managed interface, make sure it is down for at least four minutes for DFM to detect the fault.

If you're sure that DFM should be seeing these faults and it is not, start a sniffer trace filtering on udp/161 and ICMP traffic to this one device.  Let that trace run for at least eight minutes, then stop it.  If you post the trace, I can look at it to see if there are any obvious problems.  Additionally, post the output of the pdshow command.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly which version of DFM are you using?

Device Fault Manager 3.0.4 .

In what state are the devices in DFM? That is, are they Known, or are they in a Learning or Questioned state?

All devices are in Known state.

Then DFM will be polling these devices.  How are you testing the fault conditions?  That is, for one device which should be showing an alert in DFM, what is wrong with it EXACTLY?  If you have brought an interface down on the device, make sure that interface is down long enough for DFM to see it down.  For example, the default polling interval in DFM is four minutes.  If you bring down a managed interface, make sure it is down for at least four minutes for DFM to detect the fault.

If you're sure that DFM should be seeing these faults and it is not, start a sniffer trace filtering on udp/161 and ICMP traffic to this one device.  Let that trace run for at least eight minutes, then stop it.  If you post the trace, I can look at it to see if there are any obvious problems.  Additionally, post the output of the pdshow command.

Thanks for your Quick response.

I had restarted all services of cisco works .

After restarting services DFM is sending alerts.

IF again i face the problem ,i will try the solution given by u.

Thanks

kareem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: