Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Passwords for Meet-Me Conference

hi,

My customer wants me to configure password on meet-me conference !!

how can we achieve this ??

Regards,

33 Replies 33

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ahmed,

Sadly, there is no built-in method to do this in CUCM. This question does pop up from time to time;

This solution (paraphrased) is presented in the Cisco Press book - Configuring Callmanager and Unity (A Step by Step Guide)

You can use a Unity Call Handler (with the same Extension as the Meet-Me DN)

Set up the Call Handler to do a Supervised Transfer to Ring the Meet-Me Conference.

Under the "Gather Caller Information" section of the Call Handler check "Confirm" and "Ask Callers Name"

When callers go through the Unity Call Handler they are asked to record their name, when the caller is forwarded to the Meet-Me Conference the name is played and conference participants are asked to Press 1 to accept the call or Press 2 to reject the call.

There is a nice discussion of this setup in this post (Thanks Deji and Robert);

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified Communications and Video&topic=IP Telephony&CommCmd=MB?cmd=pass_through&location=outline@^1@@.2cbfa8c4

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Ahmed

I have previusly made a script in CCX that solves your problem (almost).

The inviter calls a CRS-RP and the system identifies that the call is a internal call, and look up in a database, to see if the conference is active. if the conference is not active, the inviter is asked to enter pincode, and to confirm pincode. Next the inviter is asked for how long the meeting should be active. after this the inviter is told to hang up and initiate Meetme to number XX.

Inviter hangs up, and activate Meetme.

Participants call in to same CRS-RP as inviter, but now the conference is active, so the participant is asked to enter pincode. If correct the participant is transfered to the meetme number XX.

The CRS-RP is reachabel from external, but the meetme numbers are only reachabel from internal.

All conferences are in a database, so you can see how often it is used.

Hope this could be possible way.

Downside is that if you know the number of the meetme, you can bypass the security check.

Regards

Martin Abildgaard

hi martin,

can you share the script with all & can you explain how we can make it work exactly ...

by the way i have CCM 6.1

Thanks,

Hi Ahmed

The script and desciption is sent to you in seperate mail. If other wish to have this send me an email.

You must have a Premium version of CCX to use database features.

If you have no database access, maybe the script can be rebuild to support XML files.

Martin

ps: I cannot get the system to accept a .doc attachment and a .zip, so email me!

Hey Martin,

Could you send me the script you used for the meet-me integration?

My email is mjberry [a-t] krollontrack.com

Matthew Berry | Solutions Architect, CCIE #26721 (Voice) World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 612-219-0040 PS Engineering: Innovate & Ignite

Hi Martin,

Could you kindly send me the script too at ryghnes@live.com.

Thank you very much for contributing.

regards,

Hi Martin,

If possible pleae can you email me a copy of the script chris_newton64@hotmail.com

thanks

Hi Martin.

I fell happy to see you develop a script help to protect the meet-me. Are you kind to send me by email?  omcordero@indra.es

kind regards,

oscar cordero.

PD. I put 5 starts for you.

Hi Martin,

Coul you share your script at joel.diaz@japancomputer.com.pe

Thank a lot for you support and we really appreciate your contribution.

Kinds Regards

Joel

Hi Martin,

can you send me your CCX script at dan_agache@yahoo.com?

Thank you,

Dan

Martin,

I have been tracking down this blog on UCCX Meet-Me script and it had led me to your posting. I would like to acquire that script so I can make it work with my UCCX premium...datamedic4u@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Larry R

Hi Martin,

thank you for your availability, but I solved the problem. Now I have a working script for Meet -me conference access.

Best regards,

Dan

Hi Martin,

can you send me your CCX script for password Controlled access to  m_grms@yahoo.com?

Thank you,

Mike

Hi Martin,

I would really appriciate if you could forward me script. My Email is aabeigh@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Aijaz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: