12.4ASDF

Regards.

fixie rider
6 Replies 6

jgross
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

check out the release notes. This URL is a good starting point.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6706/prod_release_notes_list.html

Bye

Jo

Hi Jo..

Thanks for your answer, but this link talk about specific Release, i'am ask for the difference between Major Release.

fixie rider

wandering_997
Level 1
Level 1

hi Javier,

I found some information from below link, and you can find more detailed info as you clicking into the sub-links.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/products_ios_cisco_ios_software_category_home.html

* Cisco IOS: Cisco IOS Software is the world's premiere network infrastructure software, delivering seamless integration of technology innovation, business-critical services, and hardware support

* Cisco IOS XE Software: Software for optimal services enablement used at the Enterprise and Service Provider Edge

* Cisco IOS XR Software: The foundation for network and service convergence

* Cisco NX-OS: The data center-class operating system for the virtualized data center

HTH

Wandering

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In general, 12.4 is the "mainline" (no suffix) release. 12.4T is the "test" release (which will become the next mainline version - now out and version 15.0 I believe). All the others are special purpose releases which often provide some new feature for software or hardware not found in "mainline" but without all the new features found in "test". To determine actual differences between releases (or even within a version's releases, e.g. 12.4.5T vs. 12.4.20T) you need to consult the feature navigator tool and/or release notes.

I know my post is a couple years late, but my question is somewhat related. I realize there are different features; for instance 12.4YB supports most of the MPLS TE, while the 12.4 mainline supports more MPLS VPN features. (This is just a small subset). My question is this: from a high level are these versions made to target a specific customer? Service provider vs data center?

Thoughts? Elaboration? Is YB more ISP oriented?

Thanks in advance

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Cisco would be able to best answer that, but various release trains do seem to be oriented toward particular platforms and/or particular market segments.  I believe over the last couple of years Cisco has been trying to cut back on all the various release trains.  Now they seem more oriented just toward particular platforms.  (Of course, the platforms, themselves, often are oriented toward certain market segments.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: