Mandatory topics for CCIE R&S v4 lab

Unanswered Question
Nov 16th, 2009

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6083

This is an excerpt from a conversation between S. Morris and M Gorito (Cisco).

Will frame-relay disappear completely? Not yet anyway, so still study it! "“It's possible we may have some exams that do not cover Frame-Relay at all," Gorito stated. "Frame-Relay is not a mandatory topic [like] it used to be."

and now my question: does anybody know what are the "mandatory topics" for the lab?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Mon, 11/16/2009 - 12:47

All topics on the blueprint are mandatory to know and study. I believe the point of the comment was that not all topics are mandatory on every CCIE lab. Hence, you could see a lab with no frame relay. But, as Maurilio mentioned, you still need to study it.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Calin Chiorean Tue, 11/17/2009 - 03:54

I my opinion any CCIE exams are not just point and shoot, meaning that if something is not really present in the Blueprint, than this mean you don't have to know it. This documents are just guidelines, keeping you on the track (e.g. not to mix RS with Voice). If there is nothing wrote about "ping" than this doesn't mean that you don't have to know about it:)

Is the same with this Frame-Relay topic which is quite old technology, but you'll be amazed how much I use it in day by day operation.

Once I asked the same question, and somebody told me that you have to know everything that is expected from a Routing and Switching network engineer.

cristip Tue, 11/24/2009 - 07:35

OK, according with your logic topics which are known to be part of the Service Provider CCIE exam should be studied and known in and out just because they are there.

Actions

This Discussion