Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Hunt Group Log in

steve.dyer
Level 1
Level 1

Callmanger 6.1.3190.

I have a scenario where a user wants to be able to log in/out of two different Hunt Groups.

I have tried a test setup with a number making it a member of 2 Hunt Groups and assigning the Hlog softkey.

However when you log in /out it is both Hunt groups.

Is there any way of specifying which Hunt group you want to log in /out of ?

Thanks

Steve

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not in UCM. I believe you can pull it off with CME. Please specify which product and version you're using when posting.

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

One very clunky solution would be to use a phone with multiple lines - 796x - and create multiple extension mobility profiles for each user.

If, for example the user was a member of two hunt groups the user would have three directory numbers:

Main DN

Hunt Group 1 DN

Hunt Group 2 DN

He would then have three EM profiles as shown below:

Profile 1

Line 1 Main DN

Line 2 Hunt Group 1

Line 3 Hunt Group 2

Profile 2

Line 1 Main DN

Line 2 Hunt Group 1

Line 3 Unassigned

Profile 3

Line 1 Main DN

Line 2 Unassigned

Line 3 Hunt Group 2

The user would then have to logout and then login to the appropriate profile as required to join/leave hunt groups. All profiles would still have the HLog key to allow him to log out of hunt groups and just accept calls to his personal extension.

As I said at the start it is clunky but may be ok if it is only an occasional requirement.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: