cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sizing guest anchor controller

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

40 locations, around 20-30 APs per location, 1 gig back from each site to the main site, minimizing cost. Trying to size the guest anchor controller. Redundancy is not required. As I understand correctly 4402/4404/5508 controller supports up to around 70 EOP tunnels. My limitation is bandwidth. Is it safe to say that if Internet bandwidth is <100Mbps, then 4402 will suffice? Only if Internet bandwidth was above >1Gbps when I'd need to go to 4404 (bandwidth is used twice, so 1Gbps guest traffic would result at approximately 2Gbps throughput)

2 Replies 2

brian.kachel
Level 4
Level 4

You could always port-channel a 4402 and use LAG on your anchor controller for 2gb.

I use a 4402-12 for our anchor's as the BW is adequate, and AP license count is not a factor for anchors.

Yes, that's what I was thinking, 4402 is 2gb, and since traffic is anchored the actual throughput is 1gb. What's your Internet connection speed? Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card