Views
Helpful
Replies

Error (Type 8, Code 0)

lmanavalan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am trying to Establish IPSec VPN Tunnel between to ASA 5505. I assigned the IP address, enabled NAT, Configured the IPsec and IKE and other basic configuration.

When i tried to Ping the inside address of the other end from inside network of this end i am seeing this error message on the ASDM home screen (Deny inbound icmp scr inside: <private ip address> dst inside: <private IP addr> (Type 8, Code 0))

What is the possible Reason for this error message. i have allowed the icmp echo and icmp echo-reply on the outside interface of both the ASA.

Can some help me on this

Thanks

Logesh

2 Replies 2

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hi!

On the inside interfaces, do you have any ACL? You said that you allowed ICMP on the outside ones, but nothing about inside.

Second, where do you see the error message? On the source ASA or on the destination?

This is resolved.

By mistake insted of applying the IPsec rule on outside interface in applied it to the inside interface.

Thanks for your help

Logesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card