Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant

mobilepc10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just a simple question. Configuring an Auto Attendant, how do I go about making it so if no input is selected, it auto forwards to an extension after a certian period of time?

I'm using the CCA 2.0.1 (1).

15 Replies 15

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I do not see a way to do this in CCA or in CME GUI.

We do offer a very robust script in CCA 2.1 (aa_sbcs_V02.aef) allowing open and closed treatments, dial by extension at any time, up to 12 dial by options per schedule, multi sub menu or multiple (3) AAs.

You can adjust how many times we cycle through the prompt (press this for that) and the default is 3.

Perhaps script customization is the way to work this one out, but sending an email to ask-cue-editor@external.cisco.com

Steve

Yeah, it's a pain. But it's what the customer whats. The GUI does everything apart from that. So they are getting to the end of the menu, if there is no input for 5-10 seconds, forward to reception extension.

I've sent an email.

Thanks

I understand.  Just cause I say we cant do it, doesnt mean its not possible though.  let me see if I can suggest it be part of the default script.  I will ask the BU for this.  They can also jump in and collaborate with us here too.  I appreciate your input.

Steve

HI mobilepc10,

Yeah, it's a pain. But it's what the customer whats.

I don't consider this to be a pain or even an unreasonable request, actually Cisco has been the first system that i am aware of that does not allow for this option natively, or provide the ability to access the programming to allow for this option to come to light.

Currently i get the script modified, I hate doing it cause then it is not supported by TAC and it is not a policy of mine to tell fibs to them to get support either so i try to avoid modifications which are not supported, but you need to try your best to fulfill the customers requirements, so I also understand how you feel about that.

Good luck with it though.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

It is possible with our scripts to do this. You can use the CME/CUE script to configure an "Operator Extension", which will be the default target after a specified timeout. IF you have direct transfer to voicemail enabled, this could place a call to a user's vmail directly. More info on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_2/administrator/voicemail/5AAttnd.html#wp101153

Again, this is a feature that we have had forever.

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

Again, this is a feature that we have had forever.

Thank you for pointing this out, i just read this on the link you provided:

Number
of times the auto-attendant will replay instructions to a caller before
the call is disconnected. This count begins when the caller moves past
the main menu and starts to hear instructions for a submenu. The main
menu will play five times and then, if the caller makes no choice or
incorrect choices, will transfer to the operator.

It is amazing what a little bit of reading can achieve

Besides feeling a little like and idiot :) i think i will have to spend some time mocking up some scenarios this Christmas break and try to udnerstand some feature sets that i obviously dont have my head around.

Agan thanks for pointing it out, that links was usefull.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Nice. Just what I was looking for....

mobilepc10
Level 1
Level 1

Ok,

Getting there. Still have one issue. Using the SBCS script, I cannot enter operator extension. I have changed the maxretries to 1 and it just hangs up after the script has completed.

When trying to add the parameter operExten, I get paremeter not found.

Any ideas?

mobilepc10
Level 1
Level 1

I've got around it all by downloading the Unity Express Editor. Created my own script.

Works perfectly. One thing I'm stuck on though, the extensions are 2xx... when someone is pressing option 2 I goes there directly. Is there a way to make this work? Otherwise I'll have to look at redoing the extension numbers.

y

Software Pack 8.0.1, comes bundled with a new Auto Attendant script, AA_SBCS_v03.aef. It offers flexibility to configure an extension, if a caller doesn’t pick any available options. Today this parameter is not configurable through CCA, but is configurable through CUE GUI, the rest of the parameters are still configurable through CCA. So if you do plan to go this route, upload the script on UC 500 CUE. So, this requires a manual step – to use CUE GUI and upload the script first to CUE.  Then, Cisco recommends that you configure everything possible in CCA through CCA, and for this specific extension use CUE GUI (10.1.10.1). When approached in this manner, the configuration is in sync with CCA and does not break any functionality.

datcom3niko
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

I sent a script to dial a 4 digit extension and if not mark anything (you can put much repetiones) will you put the extension as an alternative

Any possiblity of more auto attendants being available in the near future, I am using all 3 at the minute but could use another 1 or 2.

Dave

On some CUE models, it supports 5 AA's (1 system and 4 custom).  You can change the script for the system AA, so you can have up to five AA's/scripts.  CCA only allows 3, so you need to add the other two from the CUE web or CLI of the CUE.  You will also need to add two more dial peers on the CME to call the CUE.

If you need more then 5, while using a newer version of CUE, you can use a users mailbox as an "almost AA."  You wont have the "dial extension anytime, or play prompts or name directory," but you can do "press 1 for sales, 2 for Joe, 3 for Operator etc."  Set this up by adding a user, the going to Voicemail>Mailboxes> and edit the caller input fields and they manage that greeting from that VM box.  You can also make it a greeting only box if you dont need to take a message after the greeting.

Hope that helps.

PS, not supported through SBCS!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: