SPA9000 + SPA400 + SPA942 validation infrastructure

Unanswered Question
Nov 16th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi everyone,

I'm starting a project of VoIP using a SPA9000 as the PBX, with SPA400 for voice mail and for gateway to PSTN line to my carrier

I will probably use after that the WAN connectivity of the SPA9000 in order to have some call via internet

more of this I will have at the end of the project around 13 ip phone SPA942

Is it possible bby using a analog port on the SPA9000 to connect to it a SIM box for mobile phone calls?

With this installation, I want to have capability of call transfert, call on hold, call conference between one external number and a lot of inside extension, internal call ( maybee with directory usage ). call restriction for some extension is a nice to have feature.

Is it also possible to add on this architecture a video system in order to see who is coming to the door when pushing the ringing button of the buidling?

Thanks in advance for your feedback about each question?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alberto Montilla Tue, 11/17/2009 - 03:11
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Dear Sir;

The configuration you mention is perfectly possible.

- On the SPA400 side I suggest (if you have 13 phones) to have two SPA400s, one for PSTN (FXO ports) and one for voicemail. This is the recommended setup when you go above 10 phones.

- On the doorphone issue, yes you can have the integration: You would need a SPA525G for the receptionist video and a WVC2300 IP camera for the door. In addition, if you want voice communications then you would need a doorphone. We have integrated Cyberdata doorphone, please check

/docs/DOC-9845

- On the GSM cellular gateway, I think you should use an FXO port available on the SPA400 for that purpose instead of the FXS on the SPA9000. Please note that configuration is manual so would require you know how to configure call routing to a specific SPA400 port. This is explained on the SPA9000 admin guide available on this community.

Regards
Alberto

xavier.rogien Tue, 11/17/2009 - 03:19
User Badges:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback.

Can you tell me more about the need of two SPA400.

About the door Phone issue, what I want to have is thecapabilities to have a videophone on the door and receive video of the door on the ipphone SPA942. Is it possible.

In fact is not for a office but for a house, where I can see who is on the door from each ipphone located in each room of the ouse.

Thanks again for your quick ffedback

Regards

Alberto Montilla Tue, 11/17/2009 - 03:33
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

xavier.rogien wrote:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback.

Can you tell me more about the need of two SPA400.

[Alberto] It is a capacity issue. If you have more than 10 voicemail users, better to isolate them in one SPA400 and have another to do the call routing.

About the door Phone issue, what I want to have is thecapabilities to have a videophone on the door and receive video of the door on the ipphone SPA942. Is it possible.

[Alberto] I see, unfortunately this is not supported.

In fact is not for a office but for a house, where I can see who is on the door from each ipphone located in each room of the ouse.

Thanks again for your quick ffedback

Regards

xavier.rogien Tue, 11/17/2009 - 04:51
User Badges:

Dear All,

Is It posible of not to receive video from a doo ip camera  with a SPA942 .

Finaly, is there a all in one devce over IP with Camera and audio for a entrance door that I can view and heard with an IP Phone

Regards

Xavier

Alberto Montilla Sat, 11/21/2009 - 06:46
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Dear Xavier;

SPA942 does not support any kind of video.

We dont provide a door phone (all in one).

Regards
Alberto

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content