cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys RV042 Dual Wan with Load Balancing Help?

niloramosjr
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

I'm a newbie to routers.  I have purchased a Linksys RV042 hoping I could connect my two modem and provide internet to my collegues in the camp.  My internet connection is running under EAP-TLS using a Motorola modem from Go Telecom here in Saudi Arabia.  Need help to configure the router to accept the two modem.

Thanks for the reply.....

7 Replies 7

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Here is a link to setting up Load Balancing on the rv042 router.    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9923/products_qanda_item09186a0080a36632.shtml

This will help you do the setup and walk you through configuration.

Hello David,

Glad you could spend some time with my problem.  Tried the solution you sent but still unsuccesful to connect to internet.  Is there something wrong with the WAN credentials I'm using?  Do I have to switch the mode from Gateway to Router?  Please take a look at my WAN1 values that I wrote in the RV042

I am using a Motorola CPE outdoor Wimax modem from GO Telacom here in Saudi Arabia...

1.jpg

I don't think load balancing will help at all unless you have 2 internet connections (can't tell because bottom part of page is cut off in screenshot). The router should remain in gateway mode if you only have one connection. You should contact your ISP to get the MTU settings for your router. I pinged your IP address, which would indicate that everything is setup properly.

The only way you will be able to leverage the dual wan capability of this router is to have 2 internet connections.

Bill

Bill,

I just showed in the screenshot for the single modem but I have two modem from GO Telecom with 2 mbps speed.

Forgot to mention that the ISP are locking the connection to their tower by MAC Address.  Does this means I have to write the MAC Address of the modem in MAC Cloning?  Also I noticed that the modem is configured in Gateway mode and could not find how to switch it to bridge mode.  Do I have to switch the mode of RV042 to Router mode so that there will be no conflict in NAT?

Thanks,

If your not able to connect up to the internet through the router.  I would contact the SBSC at 866-606-1866 and let them do some troubleshooting with you and get you up and running.  Is one of the wan's connecting up?  About the gateway/router mode, I would leave it in gateway mode.  But yeah, call the SBSC if your not online and let them work with you on this and get you setup.

Nilo, I also pinged the gateway address and got a reply back, however, I did not get a reply back from your dns servers.  It could be that your dns servers are not operating properly.  I would try a different DNS Server like 4.2.2.1 or 4.2.2.2 to see if that resolves the addresses for you.

David,

Forgot to mention that the ISP are locking the connection to their tower by MAC Address.  Does this means I have to write the MAC Address of the modem in MAC Cloning?  Also I noticed that the modem is configured in Gateway mode and could not find how to switch it to bridge mode.  Do I have to switch the mode of RV042 to Router mode so that there will be no conflict in NAT?

Thanks,

NILO

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: