cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mr Rescue

princeusa
Level 1
Level 1

hello i dont know what happened all of sudden i turned the UC 520 off and when i turned on the fan keeps on running in speed and the VM light that use to glow before is dead and there is no power in Act Ehernet ports what should i do

1 Reply 1

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi princeusa,

hello i dont know what happened all of sudden i turned the UC 520 off
and when i turned on the fan keeps on running in speed and the VM light
that use to glow before is dead and there is no power in Act Ehernet
ports what should i do

I suspect that the system has booted into ROMMON mode, usually when this happens no lights come on as the system has not provisioned them, thus they dont light up and show up as being active.

Two things to look at here:

1. Remove the Compact Flash Card and plug it into a Reader, make sure there is a UC500 IOS file on there, if not then this is your problem and you should download an appropriate version that you are comofrtable with using, and place it on the root of the card. However if there is an IOS file on there, then...
  2. Plug a console cable into the console port, use a program like putty (You can get it here: http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe)

When you load up putty and you log on via the serial connection, power on the device, immediatly you should see information come up on the screen, capture as much of that information as possible as there might be errors in there that can direct us to what the problem is, you can capture the error messages by right clicking on the title bar (This is the bar at the top where the X and minimise are located) and go to "Copy all to clipboard", then past all the information into a txt file.

Failing this, no one on here is able to assist you in resolving the problem, or you are unable to carry out any of the explained diagnostics as listed above, then you really need to contact TAC and report the issue with them, they can find out if your box as gone the way of the dodo bird :)

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: