cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voice connect and mgcp gateways

reidg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, trying to get voice connect to work, unsuccessfully so far.. obviouisly there is a relationship between voice connect and voice access/enterprise feature access. I've found documentation that says VA /EF only works through h323 gateways, is this the case with VC as well. We only have mgcp gateways so....

thanks

7 Replies 7

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

If Voice Conenct is Single Number Reach then it does work with MGCP as I`ve just set it up on my cucm. What error are you having, the CSS which is used to ring out an external DN - only external numbers are permitted.Also the CSS the app. uses is to re-routing CSS and not the CSS in the Remote Destination profile, Destination. the numbers you must enter in the RDP has to include your lcoal PSTN access code

Thanks for reply,

its now working, or maybe I wasn't giving the external phone long enough to ring, I just assumed this would be simultaneous but there is a delay of a good 3-4 seconds. Can this be tweaked do you know?

Also since I activated this and set up, the access list option has disappeared from the 'Device>DeviceSettings' menu, strange, any idea???

Ring time- Play around with the Delay before Ringing timer in the Remote Destination page set it to zero - should be simultaneous however it also depends on your Route patterns -Any ! settings?. Create a specific Route pattern for an exact match for testing

Access List- Not seen this on my one

thanks, the specific route pattern for testing is a good idea, I'll try that.

Access List, are you saying that you don;t have access list function under CUCMAdministrator>device>devicesetting, or that you havn't saw it idsappear before. I'm on a version 7, and it was there, but has now disappeared...

What is your set up as I`ve got 7 in our lab- did you create an access list and now the option is gone or left it as none

it was there, created an access list, now the menu option is missing, although this access list is available to apply to Remote destinations.

I am assuming you are on version 6. You can configure these parameters at Device > Remote Destination.

Edit the user profile option "Delay Before Ringing Timer" from 4000 (i.e. 4 seconds) to a lesser value as required.

Also note the "Answer Too Soon Timer" option. This is set to 1500 (i.e. 1.5 seconds) so if you set the "Delay Before Ringing Timer" to this value or less you may have issues.

The "Answer Too Soon Timer" option is for safeguarding the caller so as not to send him into a mobile (remote destination) voicemail system and retain the call within the enterprise and send it to Enterprise voice mailbox if required (i.e Unity)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: