Helpful
Replies

Second line and Softkey template

makstilcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have two question and I hope someone can help me

1. When I call DN and the prime line is in use, the ring out tone (of my prime line) to be different for the second line (called DN). Now I have same ring out tone for all calls I made. How to accomplish this?

2. When the phone is in the Ring In State a can't add End Call in the Softkey Template. Is there any way to bypass this?

We have CUCM 6.1.3

3 Replies 3

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Not sure on your 1st one.

On the 2nd item. I dont think it is possible to kill the 2nd inbound call.

What I have done in the past is used the iDiv key - "Immediate Divert"

This diverts the inbound call directly to your voice mail.

If the user doesnt have voicemail, then you can set a custom voice mail profile with a pilot that points to reception for example.

Then the call will be automatically diverted to reception.

Alternatively you could set your busy trigger to 1 and avoid the call waiting feature.

Cheers,

Tim.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Cisco UCM or IP Phones do not provide a method for customizing the ringback (what the caller hears) on any call. You can only customize the alerting tone (what the called party hears) by line, at least for the 79XX IP Phones.

2. Your only option is iDivert as the other poster mentioned. You cannnot end a call that has not connected.

Thanks

I have allredy Idivert key, but i like to have also and EndCall which is impossible. For the customizing the ringback  is obviously that nothing can do.

Thanks again