cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 - PPTP Hangs on Verifying User Name and Password

ASTechPCLLC
Level 1
Level 1

I configured a RRAS server behind the router. I fwded port 1723. I have enabled PPTP passthrough. I tried to connect from a windows 2003 server and vista laptop and both of them keep hanging on verifying user name and password. The router log shows no information when I try and connect.

3 Replies 3

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Here is a link on setting up a pptp server behind a rv042 router.   https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-11476;jsessionid=88A142AAA9ED4A502D3FA551973FED14.node0

Go through these steps and let us know if your successful.  Thank You.

It appears to be working now. Would that bandwidth setting for GRE have to be set if you are using the pptp server in the router? Also why do you have to set this up, isn't that was PPTP passthrough is supposed to do?

You don't have to set the bandwidth on the router if your using the router as a pptp server.  And with the pptp passthrough, sometimes i run into it being an issue with the GRE protocol and not so much the pass through.  That is why that happens.  However I am glad to help you get that working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: