Views
Helpful
Replies

Share internet with 2 vlan´s on router RV082

excursio1910
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

my name is Joaquin and i have a RV082 router and SRW224G4 switch in a small office network.
I use the RV082 with 2 wan ports as load balance and the SRW224G4 connected to 1 LAN port of the router. At the office i want to create 2 separate LAN´s that share the internet connection through RV082. My cuestion is what i need with this scenario to create 2 separate networks in 2 VLAN´s to share internet but the hosts in one VLAN can´t see hosts in the other VLAN.

Basically:
VLAN 1 IP Scheme: 192.168.1.1/24
VLAN 2 IP Scheme: 10.0.0.1/24

I would like both networks to share the same internet connection, but not allow routing between both networks.

I attach a jpg with my topology. It´s this scenario possible with my hardware?

I would be very glad if you could help me.
Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

With this router it has the option of multiple subnets.  Under the setup tab there is an option for enable multiple subnets.  You can create the 10.0.0.1 subnet in this setting and the router will act as a gateway for that subnet.  However the router will not give out dhcp for that subnet, so you will need to either do static ip addresses or get a dhcp server for that second subnet.  Then you will need to create 2 acl's one denying all traffic from the 192.168.1.x network to the 10.0.0.x network and the other denying all traffic from the 10.0.0.x to the 192.168.1.x network.  This will give you multiple subnets on the router and keep them separate from each other.  Finally on the port you are plugging the second switch that has the second subnet in the rv082, you can go to port management and set a port based vlan for that port as added separation.  I hope this will help you out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: