Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Feedback on the New NetPro?

All,

Consider this an open discussion about the new site.  Dan and I, and the rest of the team will be following this thread.   Tell us about things you like or don't like, and things you'd like to see.  We look forward to your feedback!

Tim Albright

Manager, Cisco Support Community

165 Replies 165

john.derose
Level 1
Level 1

I really like the new format and all the cool new bells-and-whistles. The look is refreshing too, much more contemporary than the legacy site. Viva NetPro!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tim,

Congrats to you,Dan and the whole Netpro team on the new site! Great work my friend!

One small complaint, we used to be able to "click" on a persons name in a thread and find out their first and last names (If listed). So for example, I

could click on ;

p.bevilacqua

and find out that this was my friend Paolo Bevilacqua and address him accordingly. Now it does not show the names anymore so it's going to be impossible to personalize a message. It is much better if we can call someone by name rather than something like;

nerdherd3000

Cheers! Again, thanks for all your hard work here.

Rob

Hi Rob,

In the new environment a user chooses whether they want to show their username or full name next to content created.  It is a user setting in your profile.  Unfortunately, we can't expose both at the same time.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Dan

Is there no way you can work around this ?. It feels really odd answering questions without being able to use the person's name, kind of impersonal.

Hi Jon,

Currently, the default is set to show the username so users have to update their profiles to show full name.  We can change the default to show full name instead of username but that would only effect new registrants.  The only other option would be for us to create a new field in the database so we can show both username and full name in your profile.  Obviously, that would be a customization and isn't something we can just turn on.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tim / Dan

Overall love the new site, much improved. Couple of things  -

1) Still not convinced how easy it will be for new users to work out where to post.

2) Is the final decision to keep all tabs as is ?

3) NetPro leaderboards - are these final versions because they don't match the ones on the "old" NetPro site ?

Jon

jon.marshall wrote:

Tim / Dan

Overall love the new site, much improved. Couple of things  -

1) Still not convinced how easy it will be for new users to work out where to post.

2) Is the final decision to keep all tabs as is ?

3) NetPro leaderboards - are these final versions because they don't match the ones on the "old" NetPro site ?

Jon

Hi Jon,

1) Agreed, now that we have more than just discussions it's a bit trickier to navigate.  We will continue to monitor and make adjustments accordingly.

2) No, that decision hasn't been finalized yet.  We want to capture some more user feedback before making a final decision.

3) Yes, these are the final leaderboards.  We are aware some users have a few more points and some a few less but they should be very close.  If you are seeing any major discrepancies please let us know so we can investigate.

There is one difference I'd like to point out regarding the "monthly" leaderboard.  On the old NetPro it didn't matter when you created the content if it was rated the points would show up in the monthly leaderboard for that given month.  In the new version only content created and rated in the current month will show up in the monthly leaderboard.  This means if you responded to a post in August and someone rated it in November the points would only show up in the "overall" leaderboard.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Dan

Just wondered why "Questions Answered" column in leaderboards is so different ?

Hey Jon,

Sorry about the "1" Star rating my friend it was meant to be a 5. I hovered over the rating section for a moment and then clicked on the left -hand

Star before realising that this was a 1. I did rate your next post a five. On the old Idea Centre you clicked on each star to register your vote

so I thought this would be similar ....MY BAD!!

I have a feeling there will be alot of 1's floating around here for awhile.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob

Can't believe you rated me a 1 !!. Just to show no hard feelings i've rated your post a 1 as well

Seriously though i see what you mean about rating a post. I rated your post a 5 but it would have been quite easy to accidentally rate it something else.

Dan - is there anyway we can have a function whereby the person rating can change the rating given ? I suppose the main worry would be that some people might then try and badger people into changing the ratings but it's extremely easy to make a mistake with the new rating system.

Jon

Hi Jon,

No, there isn't a setting we can change that lets users change their ratings.  We are working on a guide to spell out the new ratings process and hope to post it shortly.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Dan

Just noticed - Lan Switching & Routing leaderboard. Rick Burts was in 2nd with about 4450 points before but now he is less than 4000 and in 3rd.

Jon,

We are looking into this right now.  We did a lot of testing on this.  Will let you know as soon as we have some details to send back.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim

Think Rick's just missing a round 1000 points from his score.

No idea on the questions answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links