SNR on UC520 - problem with 7921 IP phone

Unanswered Question
Nov 19th, 2009

Hello,

I installed UC520-7.1.3-ea version on my UC520 (8 users model) and configured SNR. It seems to work ok on a 7942 I used, but when I configured it on a 7921 I encountered a problem. The "Mobility" option in the soft key didn't seem to work (although it appeared and was clickable). This resulted in 2 things:

1) When you call the ext. it also rings the mobile (as expected) and you can pick the call on the mobile and can even transfer the call back to the IP phone. But when you click "Mobility" in order to send the call to the mobile device, nothing happens (you don't even get the messege: "send call to mobile device"). you click the "Mobility" and it just doesn't do anything (the calls continues normally on the IP phone and that's it).

2) When the phone is idle (not in a call) and you click the "Mobility" option in order to enable/disable Mobility, nothing happens (again, you don't even get the message "Enable/Disable Mobility").

These 2 work well when I tested on 7942 (didn't try any other phone type yet).

Any known issue with the 7921 and SNR feature on UC500?

Thanks,

Addie

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Trad Thu, 11/19/2009 - 16:38

Hi abarel

Silly questions, but do you have the latest phone load for that phone?

It is quite an old phone and if it is the original phone load i can not see how this would function properly at all.

Cheers,

David.

abarel Fri, 11/20/2009 - 06:12

David,

Now you'll have to excuse me for the "silly" question, but doesn't the UC500 contain all the latest phone loads for all supported models? And doesn't the phone, when it first tries to register, also retrieves the phone load from the UC500 if it is more updated then the one on the phone?

At least, that's how I thought things were.

I am currently not near my equipment. When I will be, I will check the phone load. How do I do that?

How do I update the phone load manually? I am not familiar with the process.

Please advise.

Addie

David Trad Fri, 11/20/2009 - 06:52

HI Aberal,

Your question is a valid one, and yes when you use CCA to update and configure the system, these days CCA version 2.1.1 asks you which phone loads you want loaded onto the Flash Card, and it will also make sure the TFTP-SERV and Telephony-service commands are also inserted into the config.

I dont recommend you do this manually if you are not sure how to do it, i would strongly suggest you use CCA to upload the phone loads, the best way to do it is to look at the flash card on the command line by using the "dir" or "sh flash" command, if the Flash card has a proper folder structure you will see a folder called "phones" you can browse to that folder by typing "cd phones".

Within the phones folder you should see all installed phone loads, if the 7921 folder is in there, then you should have the latest one, but you can verify that by going to the Cisco support section and going to voice & unified comms section and checking under the IP phones subsection and seeing if the loads on your flash card are the same version as what Cisco are hosting on their support site.

Keep in mind that the 7921 has not received an update for a while (Or none that i can find any way).

One thing i did forget to mention, please make sure you have the right ephone-template setup and also make sure that you specify the phone type under it's ephone allocation, it is important you specify the phone types to ensure that the right softkeys are put in place, but you should also make sure you have a properly constructed ephone-template as well, CCA configures a standard ephone-template and that one should be usable as it does not specify that it is locked to a particular phone type, it is more of a generic one.

Hope this helps you in some way or even assists you in finding a solution, i will continue to assist where possible as you update the thread.

Cheers,

David.

Actions

This Discussion