Transfering attended calls with SPA500S / SPA932 attendant consoles, weird behaviour

Unanswered Question

to transfer a call blindly to a 'button' on the SPA500S (this is the same for the SPA962+SPA932) is fairly easy

when being in a call just press the button on the SPA500S to transfer the call blindly to

in most cases this is not wanted, and you want an attended transfer

normally you press the softbutton 'Transfer' and dial the number you want to attend the call to, and then you press again 'Transfer' EASY

in case you use the SPA500S it would be this way:

press the softbutton 'Transfer' and press the 'button' on the SPA500S you want to speak to first, then you press 'Transfer' BUT THIS FAILS, it wants to transfer the call again and asks for a number to dial

instead you have to push softbutton 'Xfer Line' to transfer the call

how and where can we change this odd behaviour?

could we also change the behaviour when pressing a button on the SPA500S, e.g. it does a attended-transfer instead of an blind-transfer

(using asterisk 1.4 with devstate backport)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alberto Montilla Sat, 11/21/2009 - 08:45

Dear Sir;

Thanks for your suggestion. We will look forward to include attended transfer in the 500S roadmap.

lukasz_naumowicz Thu, 12/10/2009 - 04:53

Dear Alberto,

We also have customers that require this feature, if it's possible please take it into consideration also for SPA932 console.

If there are any estimated dates when such functionality could be implmented  for SPA500s or SPA932, please post is so we could inform our clients.

Best Regards,

meszaros_mihaly Wed, 02/09/2011 - 00:17

We need feature attended transefer with SPA500S ASAP too!

Any news about the roadmap? Will it be implemented within the next release or is there a planed date for this feature?

richard.wilkins... Sun, 02/07/2010 - 14:36

This would indeed be a very useful feature.

I think it's important that it gets added to both the 932 (962 firmware) and the 500S.

We are phasing in the newer 5xx series phones and some customers have both 500S and 932s on site.  Whatever the method for using the sidecar is needs to be the same on both 500S and 932 to avoid major confusion for people who use both.

is there any news on this already ?

we are waiting since 2007 to deploy the attendant console properly, but it seems to be a showstopper..

we really like the SPA9xx and SPA5xx serie phones, but the ongoing irritating bugs and misbehaviour (and slow firmware development) of those devices makes us consider to stop completely with it

moatley1972 Tue, 09/28/2010 - 02:49

Any news on this?

I work in the legal profession where attended transfers are a must.

Can Cisco confirm if this issue will be addressed in a future firmware release? (SPA Series Phones using SPA500s Consoles)

Our multiple office deployment is current on-hold until this is resolved and i'm under growing pressure to use a different vendor.

Please advise.

This Discussion