Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM-2 randomly reboots

branfarm1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

I've been having a problem with my NAM-2 module where it will randomly reboot. When this happens, the console logs errors about the module not responding to keepalive polling.  I've done a little searching and found a few other people who've experienced this in the past, but never heard any successful resolutions.

I'v tried all the easy stuff -- reseating the module, upgrading software, switching chassis, etc. but the module keeps rebooting.  When the module is up, which can be anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes, it seems to work properly -- I can access the console via both ssh and from the RP, the web interface works, and it will still capture data.

I have this in a 6506-E with a Sup720-3B, FWSM, CSM, X6724, and X6748.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

1 Reply 1

branfarm1
Level 4
Level 4

Some additional details:

I left the module running overnight and when I came in this morning the 'sh module' output appears normal:

6506E-2#sh mod 5

Mod Ports Card Type                              Model              Serial No.
--- ----- -------------------------------------- ------------------ -----------
  5    8  Network Analysis Module                WS-SVC-NAM-2       SAD07390579

Mod MAC addresses                       Hw    Fw           Sw           Status
--- ---------------------------------- ------ ------------ ------------ -------
  5  0003.fead.09c8 to 0003.fead.09cf   2.0   7.2(1)       4.1(1)       Ok

Mod  Online Diag Status
---- -------------------
  5  Pass

But I am unable to ping the management interface, or use 'session slot 5 proc 1' to access the module.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco