cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NEC IPK II and Cisco CME -- Incoming Caller ID Issues

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

I'm hoping that one of the more knowledgable gurus here will have encountered the same or similar issue and can provide some insight on how to resolve a Caller ID issue I'm having between a SIP integration I have between my NEC IPK II system and my Cisco CME/CUE implementation on a 2821 IS Router.

Here's the situation... during the initial call invites, the Cisco system is sending the following invite:

Cisco to NEC

To:          <sip:233@172.24.10.31>

The call goes through and the caller ID is correct. Unfortunately, the reverse is not true as the NEC system shows:

NEC to Cisco

To:          <sip:461@172.24.10.1>

The issue here is that the NEC system is inappropriately sending the Display Name field as the extension and the URI field is the primary 10-digit number for the business. The result is that the Cisco side shows the extension and the main number but no caller ID name, and worse, attempting to redial calls the main number instead of the extension.

Now if someone has worked with this integration and knows the proper solution, I'm all ears, but my investigation so far has revealed that it's a problem on the NEC side that can't be resolved, so my question is... is there a way that I can teach the Cisco system to interpret the caller ID as always being the Display Name for both values? If I can at least make it so the extension can be redialed, I would be content until I get away from the NEC system completely.

1 Reply 1

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

Bump... in hopes that I can get lucky that someone has experienced this type of issue.