cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New netpro - looks nice but...

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

The board looks nice but not quite suitable for a technical board,  this looks like dating board now.

I come here to read technical threads not pics , Im sorry to be direct but frankly the previous Netpro site was easy to navigate and straight to the point which is technical  threads.  PLS don't take this as insult but simply an opinion,   the new site again looks nice with so many litle details that realy tech folks don't have the time for , least of all new users.

PLS place back the old NETpro site.

Rgds

Jorge 

Jorge Rodriguez
6 Replies 6

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Im posting an apology for this thread , I had spoken to soon that day when I posted this comment I was tired that day as well as eager days before to get back into netpro when it was read-only..,  I love this new netpro, I  realize few days later how much additional functionality the new system have.. and Im sure this is the bigining..

Great job Dan and ALL involved in puting this new system together.

Regards

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi Jorge,

I am a person that tends to say what's on my mind right away and sometimes regret it, so I can understand how you feel. I have posted things in NetPro that I afterwards regretted. Still, I won't go back to change them (although right now this capability is possible), but can only apologise as you did. However, I must say this thread you opened is also kind of funny! You also had some point. The first days I used the new site, I was playing with the status message of my account writing irrelevant things into it, only to realize later that my status was visible instantly in some main page!   I don't see this happening anymore. Oh, and did you have a chance to use this emoticon yet:

Kind Regards,

Maria

Hi Maria,

You didn't like the entire community knowing what irrelevant things you had to say in your status message?  I can always dig it up in the logs and repost it if you'd like

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

You caught me again! Didn't expect to see you here! Didn't PSIRT (or anyone) warned you by now that security at cisco premises all around the world has been severely compromised by an unauthorized Unidentified Flying Lady? Any traffic sent to the internal network at cisco after "Dec 8, 2009 5:43 AM (GMT+2:00)" might have been intercepted. I don't see them coming up with a workaround anytime soon (hint: attacker exploits multiple unknown vulnerabilities across all product lines ), so use your super-powers wisely my friend, and I will do the same with mine!

Kind Regards,

Maria

Dear Lord (that should be you Dan)! Your actions speak louder than your words! I can't believe you actually did that! You make me wish I had posted things in my status that no moderator could afford to approve! I surrender. I know now for a fact I shouldn't be messing up with the moderator! However, keep in mind (still messing up, bad learner I am ), we greeks have an ancient saying: "Midena pro tou telous makarize"!

The meaning of the phrase is broad, and maybe Tim can help with the explanation. In any case and for your convenience, here is how it originated: "According to Herodotus and Plutarch, Solon met with Croesus and gave the Lydian king advice, which however Croesus failed to appreciate until it was too late. Croesus had considered himself to be the happiest man alive and Solon had advised him, "Count no man happy until he be dead", because at any minute, fortune might turn on even the happiest man and make his life miserable. It was not till after he had lost his kingdom to Cyrus, the Persian, that Croesus acknowledged the wisdom of Solon's advice." (source: Wikipedia)

Hi Jorge,

No need to apologize.  After about 10 years working on the old site it wasn't easy for me as well.  Please continue to post your thoughts on the site.  I can't promise we'll always act on your suggestions, but we'll always listen and take everything in to consideration.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links