Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Licensing

Hello,

Im a little confused with WAAS Licensing. When using Dynamic Configuration Tool, it says that with WAAS 4.1 we can only purchase Enterprise License and Central Manager license comes with it.

I need a WAAS Solution for 2 Datacenter and 4 Remote sites.

For Data Centers will WAE-674 with Enterprise License be enough? what is Central Manager License then for ?

For Remote Site I will be using NME_WAE.

Thanks

Zeeshan

1 Reply 1

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

WAAS device can function in Application Acceleration mode or Central Manager mode.

Application Acceleration will perform optimization and Central Manager manges the WAAS devices. CM is the centre point of management where you will manage/configure all other WAAS devices. To configure a WAE as central manager, you need the appropriate license.

For WAAS deployment, you need a minimum of 3 boxes. 2 boxes as application-acceleration (one in remote and one in HQ/DC) and one as CM.

In your case, you may need 2 (in each DC) + 4 (in each remote site) + 1 (Central Manager) = 7 devices.

AFAIK, To position a particular WAE model, you need to consider few factors including WAN bandwidth and Concurrent TCP connections. There are few other factors I am missing here which others can point to.

HTH,

Nagendra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card