Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Licensing

Hello,

Im a little confused with WAAS Licensing. When using Dynamic Configuration Tool, it says that with WAAS 4.1 we can only purchase Enterprise License and Central Manager license comes with it.

I need a WAAS Solution for 2 Datacenter and 4 Remote sites.

For Data Centers will WAE-674 with Enterprise License be enough? what is Central Manager License then for ?

For Remote Site I will be using NME_WAE.

Thanks

Zeeshan

2 Replies 2

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

It is very confusing; but true. You still need a Central Manager platform running CM.

I ordered a WAVE-274-K9 (with enterprise license) and will bring it up as a CM.

The WAVE-274-K9 with Enterprise was actually cheaper than the traditional method of WAE-512 with CM license.

Eric Rose
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Regarding your sizing question: In order to validate; Sizing is based on TCP connections, wan bandwidth and hardware redundancy.We only limit the device by TCP connections. Anything above will go into pass through.

WAE-674 (without VB) with upgraded memory can support 6000 connections and 90 Meg WAN.

I need a WAAS Solution for 2 Datacenter and 4 Remote sites.

For Data Centers will WAE-674 with Enterprise License be enough? what is Central Manager License then for ?

For Remote Site I will be using NME_WAE.

Thanks

Zeeshan

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: