Views
Helpful
Replies

Prompt for additional username and passwords

Raf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know why LMS prompts for extra usernames and passwords when installing the application on a drive other than the C-drive?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you do a non-default install, LMS prompts for EVERY configurable attribute.  This includes admin, guest, system identity, and database credentials.  This is expected.  We do not offer a mode which only allows you to change the drive location.  To specify a non-default drive, you have to do a custom installation, and then you get all of the prompts.

Yes. I can understand that...but why does it prompt for every configurable password when installing to a different drive? I only ask this as I was faced with a similar question by a customer.  Your reply is the same answer I gave the answer.

Thanks.

It's as simple as we do not have multiple levels of custom installation.  That is, it's either you customize every available attribute, or you take all of the defaults.  There is nothing in between.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: