Helpful
Replies

providing BRI connections to users

i.va
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I would like to find a solution to the following problem:

We will be replacing a Siemens Hicom PBX (connected to the provider via PRI) with a a Cisco VoIP solution (1x 2801 Voice Gateway with 1x PRI, 2x CUCM). At the moment the old PBX is providing BRI connections to several users at the site. These BRI connections have numbers within the PRI number range.

Can I accomplish this with the Cisco (or 3rd party) solution? Would be grateful for any advice!

Ingo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is an EVM cards with 4 BRI, plus 4 more on a daughtercard. It also gives you 8 FXS.

That plus 6x  BRI (on 3x VIC2s) would at least give you 14 BRIs on a 2811, not too bad.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you have to buy BRI cards and the necessary DSP modules.

Since it is expensive to do so, better to give these users, real IP phones.

Hi, I agree with you, the users should get real ip phones. Unfortunately these BRIs are sometimes used for data connections for certain applications (e.g. banking) as well. We are busy trying to negotiate alternatives. Due to high amount of BRIs needed  (20+) routers with router modules/dsp would be quite expensive and not really feasible. I thought that there might be a product similar to the VG200 Series with BRI interfaces, but I guess not. Thanks for the info anyway!

Ingo

There is an EVM cards with 4 BRI, plus 4 more on a daughtercard. It also gives you 8 FXS.

That plus 6x  BRI (on 3x VIC2s) would at least give you 14 BRIs on a 2811, not too bad.