Unity Connection Upgrade Query

Answered Question
Nov 20th, 2009

Hi,

I have  CUC  system that I need to upgrade from 2.1 to 7.1.

I am planning to install the upgrade during working hours on a Friday and then switch versions on Saturday morning.

Does this mean that any messages left on Friday evening when the system will still be running 2.1 will not be availableto subscribers after I switch to version 7.1 on the Saturday?

i.e. does the upgrade process take a snapshot of the message store at the time of the install to the inactive partition or are changes replicated when I switch version?

Correct Answer by Bradford Magnani about 7 years 3 months ago

James,

The messages are stored in a /common partition which is "common" to both the active and inactive versions, so messages will be available before and after the upgrade.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/upgrade/guide/7xcucrug010.html#wp1056637

Step 3 On the Version Settings page, click Switch Versions. The following actions occur:

Connection services are stopped.

Data from the partition where the older version is installed is copied to the partition where the newer version is installed. If changes to the database schema require updates to the format of data, that occurs in this step. Note that messages are stored in a common partition, so they are not copied.

The Connection server restarts and switches to the newer version.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Bradford Magnani Fri, 11/20/2009 - 06:18

James,

The messages are stored in a /common partition which is "common" to both the active and inactive versions, so messages will be available before and after the upgrade.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/upgrade/guide/7xcucrug010.html#wp1056637

Step 3 On the Version Settings page, click Switch Versions. The following actions occur:

Connection services are stopped.

Data from the partition where the older version is installed is copied to the partition where the newer version is installed. If changes to the database schema require updates to the format of data, that occurs in this step. Note that messages are stored in a common partition, so they are not copied.

The Connection server restarts and switches to the newer version.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Actions

This Discussion