cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 3.2, config Archive counter shows less devices

rajesh_san
Level 1
Level 1

I have a issue with RME 4.2, In RME Collection Status Window summary, the Inventory Collection shows all 90 devices whereas the config Archive shows only 70 devices collected succesfully. But Archive management Job shows all 90 devices as successful. All devices appear as Normal under RME.

I enabled ArchiveMgmt debugging and from the logs, i could see the following error message. Could this be the cause of the issue?

com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DBInterface,updateStatusTable,691,Exception..com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException:  SQL Anywhere Error -143: Column 'Protocol_used' not  found

Any body has come across such error message? Please help. Thanks

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This error points to a problem with a database schema upgrade, and it could cause a variety of issues.  Post the full log file.

Thanks Joe,

The file size is around 30 MB, but i could find only the following 3 errors in the debug logs,

ERROR,[Thread-31],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DBInterface,updateStatusTable,690,Error modifying entry in DCMA_Archive_Status table

DEBUG,[Thread-31],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DBInterface,updateStatusTable,691,Exception..com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: SQL Anywhere Error -143: Column 'Protocol_used' not found

ERROR,[Thread-30],com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.transport.cmdsvc.LogAdapter,error,19,Unknown authentication method: keyboard-interactive

I'm afraid if i can post the logs on forum as the info is sensitive. If the above info isn't of any help, i can open a TAC.

Please let me know.

Yes, I recommend you open a TAC service request.  If the root of the problem does turn out to be a database issue, you may have to reinstall RME, or reinitialize your RME database.