A while ago I know
Jumping in the middle here, I`m also need to do the same HW upgrade but not SW upgrade. From the thread I understand that I need to do a DRS to a back up server, send the License files to Cisco to change the MAC address association and then do a recovery to the new HW i.e copy the "old" SW to the new HW`s
We are upgrading all our servers form 7835 to 7845
Does the DRS File contain any info regarding the MAC address, Hostname , IP address of where the original back up back came from?
My thinking is as follows
Install the new Cluster with the same CUCM SW- new IP Address
Run test phones on the new cluster- ICT if need be to Production
Send the license files to Cisco to modified the MAC address
Shut down the production Cluster
Use the same IP address and Host name from the production cluster to the new HW cluster- CUCM 6.1.2.XXXX
Send License files to Cisco , modify them so to add the new MAC address
install license files on the new Clsuter
Copy the DRS file the new cluster
Another option is
- No ICT trunk between old and new
- Install the new Hardware in it`s own network so I can duplicate the Host name and IP address `s of the old cluster to the new one without a rename or IP address change- I`m running 6.1.2.xxxx
- Send License files to Cisco , modity them so to add the new MAC address
- install license files on the new Cluster
- Copy the DRS file the new cluster
- turn off old cluster
- Move new cluster on to Network
Should this work ????
The DRS file does assume that you are restoring
to a box with the same IP address and hostname so I do not think
your option 1 will work easily.
I would use option 2. You can have both sets of servers running simultaneously and just change the VLANs of the switch ports to which their NICs connect to control which set of servers the phones register to. This gives you a very switch roll back if the new 7845 cluster fails to pass the acceptance tests.