cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade of hardware from 7835 to 7845 but not SW level

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6
I wrote in another thread but it now seems closed so can not reply hence the new thread

A while ago I know

Jumping in the middle here, I`m also need to do the same HW upgrade but not SW upgrade. From the thread I understand that I need to do a DRS to a back up server, send the License files to Cisco to change the MAC address association and then do a recovery to the new HW i.e copy the "old" SW to the new HW`s

We are upgrading all our servers form 7835 to 7845

Does the  DRS File contain any info regarding the MAC address, Hostname , IP address  of where the original back up back came from?

My thinking is as follows

Install the new Cluster with the same CUCM SW- new IP Address

Run test phones on the new cluster- ICT if need be to Production

Send the license files to Cisco to modified the MAC address

Cut over

Shut down the production Cluster

Use the same IP address and Host name from the production cluster to the new HW cluster- CUCM 6.1.2.XXXX

Send License files to Cisco , modify them so to add the new MAC address

install license files on the new Clsuter

Copy the DRS file the new cluster

Another option is

• No ICT trunk between old and new
  • Install the new Hardware in it`s  own network so I can duplicate the Host name and IP address `s of the old cluster to the new one  without a rename or IP address change- I`m running 6.1.2.xxxx
  • Send License files to Cisco , modity them so to add the new MAC address
  • install license files on the new Cluster
  • Copy the DRS file the new cluster
  • turn off old cluster
  • Move new cluster on to Network

Should this work ????

many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

The DRS file does assume that you are restoring

to a box with the same IP address and hostname so I do not think

your option 1 will work easily.

I would use option 2. You can have both sets of servers running simultaneously and just change the VLANs of the switch ports to which their NICs connect to control which set of servers the phones register to. This gives you a very switch roll back if the new 7845 cluster fails to pass the acceptance tests.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

The DRS file does assume that you are restoring

to a box with the same IP address and hostname so I do not think

your option 1 will work easily.

I would use option 2. You can have both sets of servers running simultaneously and just change the VLANs of the switch ports to which their NICs connect to control which set of servers the phones register to. This gives you a very switch roll back if the new 7845 cluster fails to pass the acceptance tests.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: